What can I mix my protein with?
- We personally enjoy drinking it mixed with water or milk (dairy, soy, almond, etc) but you can enjoy it with whatever beverage you find mixes well with it. Check out this video to see just how easily it mixes in water!
What is the difference between Whey Protein Isolate and other types of protein?
- Whey protein isolate is an ultra-pure form of protein. This means excess fat and lactose are filtered out to maximize the protein content. This higher protein content allows it to be digested more quickly and efficiently than other types of protein. Since the excess lactose has been filtered out, whey protein isolate may be a better choice for those who have problems with dairy products. Whey Protein also has a complete amino acid profile, which is ideal for helping build muscle and recovery.
I just placed my order, how long will it take for me to get it?
- Orders are typically fulfilled and shipped out within 24 hours of being placed. Shipping typically takes approximately 3-4 business days. You will receive an email when your order is confirmed and when it is shipped out along with a tracking number.
Will my protein drink lose potency if I premix ahead of time?
- There is currently no concrete evidence to suggest that protein drinks lose potency if they are pre-mixed. However, we would recommend pre-mixing no more than 24 hours in advance and to keep your drink refrigerated. If mixing with milk, it is important to keep your shake refrigerated and pre-mix no more than 12 hours in advance so that the milk doesn't spoil. Ideally, you could just put a scoop of the protein in your shaker bottle and then just add water when you're ready to drink it.
How should I store my protein tub?
- You should store your protein tub in a cool and dry environment away from direct sunlight.
What kind of bottle should I mix my protein drink in?
- We like to use the traditional, BPA-free shaker bottles for our protein drinks. We’ve found that glass and metal bottles work just as well.
What is the best time to drink my protein shake?
- It really depends. Taking protein pre-workout and during your workout can help you with more intense workouts. Some studies have shown that the optimal post-workout window could be within 30-45 minutes of completing your workout. However, recent studies suggest that protein consumed within 24 hours of the workout can be beneficial, so don’t fret if you miss the 30-45 minute mark! Your overall total daily protein intake is just as important as your protein timing.
Why should I take a protein supplement?
- Sometimes the amount of protein you consume from your meals alone isn’t enough for optimal muscle recovery, especially after intense exercise. Supplemental whey protein isolate provides extra protein with minimal extra calories. Whey protein isolate is the most quickly absorbed and digested protein, which can be helpful for post-workout recovery.
How many scoops of protein per day should I take?
- It depends. Typically 1-2 scoops per day, depending on your specific goals, workout recovery demands, and remaining protein intake throughout the day. Remember that whey protein isolate is a supplement, not a meal replacement, and needs to be part of a well-balanced diet for you to achieve optimal results.
How many grams of protein per day should I consume?
- Traditionally, active adults should take approximately 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. Elite athletes who workout with a high level of intensity will likely require approximately 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight for best results and optimal recovery. Keep in mind that this amount factors in protein from all sources, including your daily meals.
Is too much protein (in one sitting, or in one day) bad for you?
- While you can take multiple servings of protein drinks per sitting (or day), keep in mind that there is a certain threshold that wouldn’t provide any more benefit for protein absorption. Studies suggest that upwards of 40 grams of whey protein can be absorbed after an intense workout, but it depends on the type of training you do, your bodyweight, and other factors. Your total daily protein intake is much more important than trying to consume a ton of protein in one sitting. Research has shown that is much better to evenly balance out your protein intake throughout the day.
Is there anything I can’t mix it with?
- Our whey protein isolate mixes easily with many beverages, especially water and various types of milk. However, it may clump in carbonated or heated beverages, and some thicker drinks may not mix very well with the powder.
I do endurance sports, do I need protein?
- Studies have shown endurance athletes may need protein just as much, if not more protein, than those doing more intense workouts like bodybuilding.
How long will a tub of protein last me?
- It depends on how many scoops you use. For example, if you take 1 scoop per day, it will last 30 days. If you take 1.5 scoops on workout days only, and workout 20 days per month (5 times per week), then it will also last you approximately one month.